Saturday, November 3, 2012

See You at Our House

It hits at the weirdest times. I fully expect the homesickness to set in during holidays or when I'm missing something that the entire family is gathering for or when I'm frustrated. But sometimes it just sneaks up and catches me off-guard.

at McDonald's before fall festival

Last night we took the kids to a fall festival around here and we were behind a young family on the way out. The mom turned out and said, "We'll see you at our house."

Sienna bunny

Bam. There it was. That feeling in my stomach that just aches. Just hearing those words caused me to realize all we've left behind. We don't have a house anymore to invite people to. We aren't close enough to our family to have them over and our good friends are far away as well. Most of the time, I'm at ease. I'm comfortable with our decisions and I'm confident that God has brought us down this exact path. But every once in a while, it just grabs you.

 playing throw the bean bag in the bucket game


all 4 at the festival 


Do you have any strategies for dealing with homesickness?

4 comments:

  1. No I don't. I feel it too, and my situation is much less....severe?....than yours! Your family is so awesome and I know it's hard on everyone! I'll say a prayer for your heart and know you're loved from NC. -Erin H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not exactly the same, but I dealt with that alot when we moved in with Lilly. I don't have any magic formula to share-- just a reminder that God is faithful, and that you are loved and prayed for. :) I can empathize-- sometimes answering the call is just hard. WORTH IT, but hard.
    Love your guts----
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I've known it, only time is a real cure. However, a great cheeseburger can be deeply consoling...

    Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to what you said about knowing something is going on and you are not there. Lately its about my mom and her beig so sick. I want to be there I want to help. My.Heart.Aches. I know that over the (cough cough) past 15 yrs since I have been in SC I hava a family here that loves me and holds my deepest parts of my heart but there is just something about being face to face with my mom and sister. Im praying for you and loving you my sweet sweet sister
    Beth

    ReplyDelete